Life is full in the summer. So many things going on and fun to be had. Stress can also come from excitement, which also sends us into our adrenals. Although it seems positive, enthusiasm is a better emotion or vibration to ride in. Enthusiasm is a bubbly state versus that high blood pumping excitement which vibrates the same as panic. Something to be aware of as you learn to enjoy lots of activity.
Often we get so busy with our tasks and fun of summer that burnout can occur. It is the season of the sun so fire energy is everywhere. We have work and play amped up. Learning to be aware of your emotional state can greatly support your health and well being. Just noticing when you are in stress and when you are not is a good practice. I found I was in stress more than anything most of the day when I began my awareness practice. Often I didn't even need to be yet I had trained my body to be on high alert. Our lifestyle creates this and with simple noticing and practice, we can get back to flow.
The key to it all is the self check in. Ask "How do I feel?" through out your day. We are far too disconnected from our body and emotional states. Noticing so important for then you can take a moment to reset. This is not an hour of this or that to regroup. I am sharing the yoga of living. This can be done in one to three minutes. Noticing you are not in flow and then doing something easy and momentary to reset you out of stress. Here are a few ideas that support this. Tools are necessary and I am always seeking new ways to quickly reset my energy back to flow. Very healthful and perfect to support that calm, cool state of well being.
1. When you take the moment to notice and sense you are overwhelmed or in stress, start with deep breathing. Just 5 or 6 breaths is enough to create a different energy state. In doing this you immediately will reset your body into a calmer state. I know you have heard this but use it. Deeply, slowly and emphasizing the exhale. The exhale so important to clear out the bottom of your lungs of stale air. It allows fresh clean oxygen to replenish you and that alone can bring in calm yet vibrant energy. The exhale is symbolic of letting go. Let go of the anxiety so clarity and calm can come in.
2. Sound and movement are quicker than thinking. This is a statement I remind myself all the time. Often our thinking, over thinking is the problem. To get out of this heady space, use sound or movement. You can sweep the floor as the Buddha says or do 10 jumping jacks to bring in oxygen. You can step outside and sway your arms or you can just do a quick walk around the yard. Movement will cause you to coordinate your body, bring you into present awareness and stop the panic thinking. Sound is another way to clear yourself. You could jump and shout "HA" as we do in Aharaj yoga or "Swoosh" while sweeping your hand over your body. You could just exhale with a loud "ugh" to clear the energy. Your could make the heart sound of "lalalala" which will quickly shift your state. You could play soothing music or your favorite happy song to shift. All this will move you faster than thinking yourself out of stressful states.
3. Use elixirs. I love my essential oils which will create healing of the organs and quickly shift you through you olfactory or smell sense. This awakens the brain and quickly gets us out of stale patterns. I have passion flower tincture that chills anxiety. Homeopathy has different remedies for emotional states. You can just put a packet of the energy medicine in your pocket to rebalance you. Calc Carb for overwhelm, Aconite for fear, Gelsenium for anxiety, Pusatilla for loneliness or neediness, Nat Mur for grief or loss. These elixirs work wonders. There is calming tea or enlivening Ginseng if you are tired. There are many food medicines, plant essences and products that work easily with your body for support without side effects. They easily, quickly support you with little time.
4. Go outside. I continually encourage you to go in nature. Just a few breathes. 5 minutes of moving around and breathing deep, concentrating on the world around you. This is the quickest way to oxygenate, reset your cells from the electromagnetic fields of the indoors and really bring you to calm. We are made 100% of nature! It is the most healing source of energy for us. It is fast, it is rejuvenating and it works to just drop our cares away.
5. Get into your senses! Sensuality is the fasted way to presence and all the above are ways of sensuality. We have 6 senses to tune into that will bring us to a reset. Massage your neck or achy body part to reset you. Smell the outdoors, good food or essential oils. See the beauty in what is before you. Listen to the sounds of music or nature. Taste some healthy soothing food like a ripe orange or luscious watermelon and revel, savor and taste it as an experience. Even a delicious chocolate to bring you back into your body, its pleasure and its presence. Stopping the thinking! Just being in the moment and enjoying what is about you will shift your state.
There are 5 easy ways to get back to flow that take moments. I use these all throughout my day often. We can really practice noticing our emotional state and bring it back to relax, joy and even happiness. These all work quickly, easily and take just moments of awareness and quick shift. I love how the Masters taught me of energy. I really took the ideas I learned and played with them. These are powerful life habits that support me through hard and good times. There is nothing greater to well being than finding ways to be in the moment and find joy there. I invite you to practice these things all day long. Your life will turn magic, I promise!
Connect with me for greater practices in awareness!
Inspiring ways to love your life! Simple writings on how to see life in ways that bring joy, relaxation, oxytocin, health and vitality giggling through life!
|Lyn Ann Hicks||
Growing Your Beauty!