Life is full in the summer. So many things going on and fun to be had. Stress can also come from excitement, which also sends us into our adrenals. Although it seems positive, enthusiasm is a better emotion or vibration to ride in. Enthusiasm is a bubbly state versus that high blood pumping excitement which vibrates the same as panic. Something to be aware of as you learn to enjoy lots of activity.
Often we get so busy with our tasks and fun of summer that burnout can occur. It is the season of the sun so fire energy is everywhere. We have work and play amped up. Learning to be aware of your emotional state can greatly support your health and well being. Just noticing when you are in stress and when you are not is a good practice. I found I was in stress more than anything most of the day when I began my awareness practice. Often I didn't even need to be yet I had trained my body to be on high alert. Our lifestyle creates this and with simple noticing and practice, we can get back to flow.
The key to it all is the self check in. Ask "How do I feel?" through out your day. We are far too disconnected from our body and emotional states. Noticing so important for then you can take a moment to reset. This is not an hour of this or that to regroup. I am sharing the yoga of living. This can be done in one to three minutes. Noticing you are not in flow and then doing something easy and momentary to reset you out of stress. Here are a few ideas that support this. Tools are necessary and I am always seeking new ways to quickly reset my energy back to flow. Very healthful and perfect to support that calm, cool state of well being.
1. When you take the moment to notice and sense you are overwhelmed or in stress, start with deep breathing. Just 5 or 6 breaths is enough to create a different energy state. In doing this you immediately will reset your body into a calmer state. I know you have heard this but use it. Deeply, slowly and emphasizing the exhale. The exhale so important to clear out the bottom of your lungs of stale air. It allows fresh clean oxygen to replenish you and that alone can bring in calm yet vibrant energy. The exhale is symbolic of letting go. Let go of the anxiety so clarity and calm can come in.
2. Sound and movement are quicker than thinking. This is a statement I remind myself all the time. Often our thinking, over thinking is the problem. To get out of this heady space, use sound or movement. You can sweep the floor as the Buddha says or do 10 jumping jacks to bring in oxygen. You can step outside and sway your arms or you can just do a quick walk around the yard. Movement will cause you to coordinate your body, bring you into present awareness and stop the panic thinking. Sound is another way to clear yourself. You could jump and shout "HA" as we do in Aharaj yoga or "Swoosh" while sweeping your hand over your body. You could just exhale with a loud "ugh" to clear the energy. Your could make the heart sound of "lalalala" which will quickly shift your state. You could play soothing music or your favorite happy song to shift. All this will move you faster than thinking yourself out of stressful states.
3. Use elixirs. I love my essential oils which will create healing of the organs and quickly shift you through you olfactory or smell sense. This awakens the brain and quickly gets us out of stale patterns. I have passion flower tincture that chills anxiety. Homeopathy has different remedies for emotional states. You can just put a packet of the energy medicine in your pocket to rebalance you. Calc Carb for overwhelm, Aconite for fear, Gelsenium for anxiety, Pusatilla for loneliness or neediness, Nat Mur for grief or loss. These elixirs work wonders. There is calming tea or enlivening Ginseng if you are tired. There are many food medicines, plant essences and products that work easily with your body for support without side effects. They easily, quickly support you with little time.
4. Go outside. I continually encourage you to go in nature. Just a few breathes. 5 minutes of moving around and breathing deep, concentrating on the world around you. This is the quickest way to oxygenate, reset your cells from the electromagnetic fields of the indoors and really bring you to calm. We are made 100% of nature! It is the most healing source of energy for us. It is fast, it is rejuvenating and it works to just drop our cares away.
5. Get into your senses! Sensuality is the fasted way to presence and all the above are ways of sensuality. We have 6 senses to tune into that will bring us to a reset. Massage your neck or achy body part to reset you. Smell the outdoors, good food or essential oils. See the beauty in what is before you. Listen to the sounds of music or nature. Taste some healthy soothing food like a ripe orange or luscious watermelon and revel, savor and taste it as an experience. Even a delicious chocolate to bring you back into your body, its pleasure and its presence. Stopping the thinking! Just being in the moment and enjoying what is about you will shift your state.
There are 5 easy ways to get back to flow that take moments. I use these all throughout my day often. We can really practice noticing our emotional state and bring it back to relax, joy and even happiness. These all work quickly, easily and take just moments of awareness and quick shift. I love how the Masters taught me of energy. I really took the ideas I learned and played with them. These are powerful life habits that support me through hard and good times. There is nothing greater to well being than finding ways to be in the moment and find joy there. I invite you to practice these things all day long. Your life will turn magic, I promise!
Connect with me for greater practices in awareness!
I am blessed to be on a remote farm in the countryside of Latvia where time is flowing to the rhythm of nature. The air is fresh and filled with oxygen. The self sustaining life style is rhythmic. The food is mostly grown here with goats milk and cinnamon for breakfast, fresh eggs and so many berries of all types on the bushes around. The gardens magic, filled with healing plants and flowers. The birds, goats, chickens, roosters and other wild life fill the air with sounds, musically supported by the tinging of the wind chimes. Rest and relaxation is the pace. There is no other option for natures pace is the energy field.
So different this is from where I inhabit the earth. I had a similiar pace when I was a flower farmer in Hilltown. I moved to my own rhythm, less influenced by the larger field of the northeast. Technology, industry, our world in general flies fast and generates a pace that is beyond our capacity to live in health. We are not created to be on like our cell phones 24/7. Even they must get recharged from the electric cord. We have forgotten how to do this for ourselves in a way of health and well being. Nature is all about us, showing us the way and we don't partake of it.
I am a proponet of living with the rhythms of nature as we also surf the fast paced world. It is our electric cord that is easily plugged into. It is the pace that supports us best so we can jump into the pace of our created world. Slowing down is the rhythm of health. Any time or way we can do that, sync in with that pace and bring it into our daily life will create vitality. Blending the slower pace with the faster, a healthful way to live.
If we do not, we find dis-ease. Being in a place where the rhytmh is of nature, I find myself exhaling more. I feel my being letting go of the tension that I am unaware of at home. I feel the energy of nature refueling me by slowing down my pace, quieting my mind, softening my emotions with no effort on my part. I am calmed, relaxed and peaceful just in being here. The larger field of life has enveloped me into a rhythm that heals, sustains, refuels and enlivens. I see with greater color, scent, vividness and sensuality. I am experiencing all things with more of my being, taking time to watch and notice. I see this is the rhythm that gives me the best connection to myself and the larger world I am part of. It feels incredible, abundant and healthful. I can see why my ancestors who had simple lives and were more connected to nature lived longer.
Slowing down is about finding a greater rhythm between you, yourself and the world around you. It is determining your rhythm that works best for you. it is not the pace that the world is at for no one can sustain that and be healthy. I find it more about the rhythm that nature holds our world in. It is the great creator and life bearer. It works at a very productive pace but it is not on overdrive. It is healthy, sustaining, creative and healing as well as vital. We have lost this connection and knowing. Yet we are of it.
I inspire you to slow down and find your unique rhythm and pace to life. Breathing deep, being in nature and noticing what pace you feel are ways to how to find your unique, healthful, cadence in life. This alone can cure many ails and support well being. It is about the energy you are, you use and how you maintain your speed or vibration. It is about energy management. Our electric source is nature. We can plug in, recharge and remember the flow of current that will support us. May you play with this elixir of rhythm and find great healing there in it.
For a Discovery Session to support you in rhythm connect with me.
Inspiring ways to love your life! Simple writings on how to see life in ways that bring joy, relaxation, oxytocin, health and vitality giggling through life!
Growing Your Beauty!
Join Lyn's List
Lyn Hicks’ passion is to awaken others to their true joy through play and relaxation! Mentor, Teacher and Writer on The Feminine Way of living!
Join my mailing list and receive free inspiration!
Videos, writings, practices and tips on how to experience more relaxation, joy and beauty.
Receive the pdf for the practice:
The Number 1 Thing You Can Do To Change Your Life Experience For More Joy and Health!