In our world so filled with pretense, looks, things, images, false masks and perceptions of what is really going on with ourselves and each other, we get lost in illusion of what is valuable. As I cleared my mom's house after her death, I had so many "things" to move on. They were just things. It didn't matter if it was Gucci, Kohl's or Kmart. They had no life to them and became a burden of "stuff" that had to be given away or put in a dumpster. Clearly, what name brand or quality it was made no difference. It was still a burden, a job, a clearing of just stuff and too much of it.
I am not saying things are not a valid expression of us. They are over rated and become things to be disposed of when we are gone. The wonder of what we have around us can bring energy and inspiration. I love my feminine things, my beauty around me that makes my cozy lair. But we get lost in it all thinking it adds value or something to us other than it's true measure. It is adornment, prettiness, coziness for life. It supports our spirit to feel at home and safe. That is all though. It doesn't say much about our true spirit other than that it likes to reside in beautiful places. When we pass, it is only idols of our expression that must move on.
My moms spirit was not in the house so all the things were just empty images of what she liked or felt she needed around to feel at home. The excess of things we collect around us can be an illusion of who we are by what we have, how much of it and often we don't use most of it. Realize that things around us can give us comfort or drain us. That is all their purpose is and we often lose track. Keeping up with comparisons, what others or our world says to value can fill our spaces quite frankly with just materials that mean nothing. Quantity often a false sense of abundance and "having" that does little for our spirit but drain it in maintaining all the stuff.
I have downsized numerous times since my divorce and it is always so freeing. Realizing that use is the most important thing about the stuff. Having things about us may start as delight but can wane in it's joy and become things to dust and clean. My favorite things being my jewelry, clothes and shoes for they adorn me to feel beautiful as a work of art. Woman do hold the "Sacred Space" of home and delight in the artistry of making it cozy for all who come. Creating a home is a valuable piece of femininity. Creating energy of the space to gather, feed and support ourselves and others is important but our world has overdone it. We love spaces that are clean and lightly adorned often because the lack of stuff, for it clears us to calm. Simplicity soothes us in a world of stimulation.
I love the stuff in my space for it inspires me to beauty and gives me energy. That is the purpose. To feel safe, inspired and cozy. Beyond that we are just collecting items about us that become cluttering and take away from the real things of connecting with others. We put energy into this stuff to collect it, clean it, it takes up space and we think it adds some value to us that truly is false. It is just stuff and we need to remember that. Keeping the energetic purpose in mind and moving it on when it no longer inspires. Our landfills are filled with peoples old stuff that we purchase and use to feel like more when in the end it represents our lost connection with what is important.
This task of clearing made we really visit the world of material from new eyes. Without the spirit of my mom in the home, the collection she had about was evidence of how empty stuff really is. My sister and I had the great task of getting rid of it all which was daunting. Yes, there were memories there but they are only inspired by the stuff. The memories are inside us and make us who we are. The house and things, live within us and have done their share to create us into the beings we are. The stuff was now a burden to clear.
I invite you to investigate what all this stuff is about you. Maybe you have a different view on these "things" we consider so valuable. In the end they are nothing truly but things about you. They tell of what made you cozy or what your interests were but the true spirit is the inhabitor that gives any life to the collection of things. Once that is gone, it doesn't really matter much.
We give such value to the material world. Judge others by the house they have, the car they drive, the clothes they wear and really they have nothing to do with the value of a person. They say what income level they are by the cost of the things. They are no more or less a lovely spirit by these things We get deceived by their value perhaps thinking they are more successful or greater by the brand of their stuff. That only says how much they like to work or that they are at the top of their game in some career. It doesn't show if they have a kind heart, support and love others or nurture the world to be a better place. It just tells us they like quality stuff about them and are working to get that. Their essence, their character, their truth or spirit of them is not shown by the things they have.
Our deeds, our helping hands, our beautiful smiles and our kind words illustrate who we are. Let us remember this and seriously realize that stuff is just empty with no kind spirit using it. Look at your attachment to "things" with new eyes. Be clear what inspires and move things about often to keep the flow of things in accordance with who you are now. Holding onto things, being cluttered by the past, having stagnant areas that collect stuff are energetic drains.
Be current in your stuff, let it inspire and when it gets out of date, pass it on to another. Let air in your space, and allow the chi to flow about your home. Switch, recycle, revisit the stuff through fresh eyes. We have a whole industry on organizing our stuff that shows the imbalance we have with things. We have storage units everywhere filled with stuff that isn't being used and just sitting there taking up space. Feng Shui, the art on how to keep the flow going to enhance our life rather than clutter it for healthful living. Do remember, one day someone will have to dispose or move that stuff onward.
For a Breakthrough Session on the Flow of Energy, connect with me.
To glow in your body and emanate your spirit out in the world is the wonder of health. It is the true embodiment of your spirit shining in the world. We all do this throughout our life and feel so fulfilled when we do. Others are drawn to us, things magnetize to us like magic and we feel filled with our divinity. We share an abounding inspiration that lifts and supports others. It is our true state of well being and we are relaxed in who we are. You see, feel, smell, sense and experience the aroma of a persons radiance. Their very cells emanate out this field of light and you are so touched by it.
How do we nurture and cultivate such a fabulous way of being? What stops us from being this most glowing human form? Consider that thinking, being too much in the mind and it's perspective of the world shuts off our radiance. Being embodied, radiating out involves our spirit fully in us and us fully in the body. Our senses heightened, using all of them in a sensual experience of the world as it is in the moment far outweighs only one tool of thinking. We must cultivate 6 qualities of being within ourselves. A trust and openness in life that it is a beautiful thing and we are too.
1. Connect with yourself. Go inward. Dance, walk, do anything in solitude and get to know the true spirit of you. It takes little time to connect with yourself, your wants, needs, desires and divinity. Make time for this. Let go of others and expectations, widdle down all that with the solitude of your wonder.
2. Connect deeply with something. Our spirit goes out and wants to be intimate, relate to something. We are nourished in a relationship with anything. A person, an animal, nature, a project. It is like a radiant bride, committed to something or someone deeply. Sharing and open to something, you transfer your inwardness. You are awake.
3. Interact with the world. Your radiance loves aliveness, contact, inspiration, new places, new people, growth. It must expand into the world and have newness and curiosity. It is energy and must move, experience and express through the changing panorama of what is happening about you and within you. It embraces change and shifts, expands and grows. This is flowing with the world.
4. We need communities, groups, networks, friendships, others for radiance. To belong and feel part of something greater than just ourselves. To have a purpose, be involved in the collective of life. Have allies in playing in the world. Our spirit wants to be part of the whole for it is already connected to everything whether we live it or not.
5. Live your secret mission to impact the world around you. In small or big ways. Radiance changes places and people. It is the wild fire or the sun that just shines and cares not for reward or recognition. It just loves and expresses with a full heart. It is practical yet magical. It uses its being, its essence and ideas to live boldly, playfully in simplicity. It is humble in love, speaks sweetness, sees warmth and beauty, gives it out and gets its reward, its refuel from this impacting the environment. It has no agenda but to express it's brilliance.
6. It nurtures and is nurtured by embracing the greater experience here. There is magic and synchronicity, support from the unseen and it knows it, uses it and calls it in. Radiance brings in the higher frequencies to the earth. It is nurtured by the spirit of things and nurtures the spirit of things. It gives up the negativity and finds gratitude and trust in the world and life.
These are the things that create radiance, embodiment of spirit and true well being. This is how we impact the world in wonderful ways and why we are here. We are connected to all things for we are energy. Light is in us and everything around us. It only varies in flavor. I inspire you to strenghten your radiance by embodying these things. Knowing creativity is truly what ignites our radiance. How we will experience and be this way is a creative, artistic endeavor while we manage all that comes toward us. Whether it is deemed positive or negative matters not. We can use all these pieces to radiate our spirit of ourselves out into the world and gain great health and vitality doing it.
For a free Breakthrough Session connect with me!
Inspiring ways to love your life! Simple writings on how to see life in ways that bring joy, relaxation, oxytocin, health and vitality giggling through life!
|Health and Beauty Coach||
Growing Your Beauty!
Join Lyn's List
Lyn Hicks’ passion is to awaken others to their true joy through play and relaxation! Mentor, Teacher and Writer on The Feminine Way of living!
Join my mailing list and receive free inspiration!
Videos, writings, practices and tips on how to experience more relaxation, joy and beauty.
Receive the pdf for the practice:
The Number 1 Thing You Can Do To Change Your Life Experience For More Joy and Health!