Today I watched a show from a nuerologist/psychiatrist who spoke of mental/ brain health and our states. Depression, anxiety, stress create so many issues in our body. He came at it from the perspective of brain health and showed scans of peoples brains from so many ails and how simple things work to make them feel better fast. Often, he said that simple fixes, not always the antidepressents and medical answers work. Not to discredit these things but they don't support the brain in many cases. There are other ways that are effective which he call nuetricueticals. I call them elixirs, tinctures, Standard Process Products. homeopathy or healing with plants or food medicine.
What was fun for me was that here is this man, sharing the neuroscience of things, offering what the Himalayan Masters and Eastern studies had taught me. Not with the scans and sciences per se but from the energetic, multidimensional way or spiritual path.. They are the same solutions that can be simply added into our lives. It giggles me that science is proving what these ancient systems knew in their way of health and energy. I get so delighted for others don't consider this woowoo so crazy anymore.
When I wrote my book, 7 years ago, it had so many of these things in it from a different angle but the same activities from an energetic perspective. It sings my heart that more and more people will get this valuable, simple information that quickly shifts their life, their state of happiness and their vitality or energy. Here are his ideas and you have read most of them through my blogs many times.
1. Optimize the function of the brain. He uses scans for his patients so he can use other alternatives first to see what area of the brain isn't working and knows how to improve that. Angry children, low attention, lethargy, depression, all can be managed many ways other than drugs. i wouldn't of stated it this way but I have often shared different behavior and elixirs that in the end support the brain.
2. Train mind to help you rather than hurt you. This was all about self talk. He offered writing out crazy or rambling thoughts which I call free form writing. He cautioned us to be aware, which is called observation or witnessing in spiritual circles. What you tell yourself comes true. The google search engine mind I call it. If you ask how bad you feel, it will search all of you and give endless answers. If you ask how can I feel happier, it answers endlessly too. Self talk a huge support to our being vital and happy.
3. Medical Hypnosis. This I call meditation and there are many on line that are what he termed hypnosis. Slowing your breathing, closing your eyes, relaxing from head to toe, visualizing a peaceful nature spot and then visualizing your illness or pain as healing. Tons of spiritual practices on line that support this.
4. Flood all 5 Senses with Happiness. I consider this the Tantra of living or being in pleasure in your body. Using smell, he spoke of scents that give good vibe which I term essential oils like the citris scents bring in good moods. Touch, massage, petting your dog or getting a treatment of the healing arts I term it. Sound. Going in nature, going to a sound healing, or listening to a "happy play list' her termed it. I call it using music and the radio to lift your spirits. Music such an elixir and quick shifter. Vision. Pictures of nature and loved ones to scroll through when you are down. I call it looking for beauty in all things to bring in peace, love and beauty through family, nature or good memories. Using taste of chocolate, saffron, mint or nutmeg to enhance your mood. I just share pleasure in eating, really tasting your food and savoring it.
5. Boost serotonin. He offered B6, saffron, bright light therapy. I mention so many things to bring in feel good chemicals, most easily go in nature. Be with friends, Move. Breath deep, Essential oils. Hang with friends when down, get into relaxation! He also spoke of forgiveness of self and others. Holding on is an issue with feeling crappy. I written a ton on this topic.
6. Consider nutriceuticals first to support yourself before opiates or antidepressents. Passionflower and lavender tinctures do this for anxiety. Adrenal stress can be supported by feeding the adrenals what they need to operate. Standard Process has all these food medicines that support organ and body function. The right nutrition goes so far. Eating low vibe foods causes low emotions. Nutrition so important to energy and happiness. Herbal medicine is nutriceuticals.
7. Be the authentic support you alone are in the world no matter what others think. He is an innovator in the psychiatry and neuroscience world. He has fought his way past his colleagues and practices to amp up what he learned from all his years in practice as easy ways to feel good fast. I loved this idea and am with him on that. I have been sharing a long time what I know works for me and others and many have been waiting for his science to take it seriously. And many in science and medicine still don't hear. But we must share our knowledge, wisdom and gifts to support the world in greater way s. Western medicine is not the only options and we should educate ourselves on all ways to feel good and healthy.
I hope you use some of these tips to support you. We all get overwhelmed, anxious, in challenging issues where depression or exhaustion or just not being right in the head. There are easy ways to begin to shift yourself dramatically that are easy. I encourage you to do these things to support yourself. Use them as prevention as well so you don't find yourself in a mental health crisis. Simple changes can solve huge issues.
I feel greatly blessed by what the masters taught me! It is being proven more each day. The eastern arts, the healthful movements, the power of relaxation, loving your body and treating it well, taking plant and food medicine, using your sensuality to feel good. All these things I have instituted and teach others. They work. They support the brain, its function, its look in scans and your overall good feelings to live your life no matter what comes in.
Feels good know nueroscience is confirming what the ancients have been sharing all along.
Inspiring ways to love your life! Simple writings on how to see life in ways that bring joy, relaxation, oxytocin, health and vitality giggling through life!
|Health and Beauty Coach||
Growing Your Beauty!
Join Lyn's List
Lyn Hicks’ passion is to awaken others to their true joy through play and relaxation! Mentor, Teacher and Writer on The Feminine Way of living!
Join my mailing list and receive free inspiration!
Videos, writings, practices and tips on how to experience more relaxation, joy and beauty.
Receive the pdf for the practice:
The Number 1 Thing You Can Do To Change Your Life Experience For More Joy and Health!