.Nutrition is the first layer of health. You can only be healthy when you nourish yourself wisely. What we eat, how we move and what ways we inspire ourselves are the triad to health and beauty. Food takes time to convert to energy so using the proper food is key to our system running properly.
There is alot of information on this and I find it all too much. I stick to the basics, keep it simple, notice how my body feels, see what works and forget about it. There are basics that we all know but remembering them is important as we head into the season of less clothes and wanting to feel good in our bodies. Simplicity is the key to mastership. If you cover them, health is given.
1. Drink plenty of water! We all could continue to practice this daily. It is key to all processes in the body and supports us in fluidity, flexibility, detoxing, refreshing and looking vibrant. We are over 70% water so it pays to flush ourselves continually, supporting that juiciness of hydration. So many health issues, tireness, hunger, headaches, dizziness, soarness can come when we don't drink enough. It is simple, so just do it. This practice alone goes a long way to looking and feeling more vibrant! I continually work on this one.
2. Eat fresh, colorful, organic food in all varieties. Keep the mix shifting and be seasonal. The freshest food and close to the vine is key to all vegetables. If raw food is a struggle, when you don't have enough digestive enzymes, then steam, roast or stir fry. You can also get bitters in a spray an use it before you eat to awaken digestion. I do 3/4 vegetables in colorful, seasonal variety and it contains the most nutrients of all categories. They fill you and add great nutrition. Organic may cost more yet it is worth it! Money spent on food is the best investment overall other purchases, for it builds your body!
3. Eat lots of protein! Protein provides the amino acids used in every process in the body. Most don't get enough protein. This it what 1/4 of my plate is. If I just need to grab something out of the refrig quickly, it will be a protein. It regulates blood sugar immediately, supports stress quickly, builds all things in the body and ignites your brain. Nuts, cheeses, eggs, humus, meats. fish and poultry. I do all organic so the meat sources are rich and humane. I eat all foods and I switch it up. Most woman do not get enough protein If you are vegan and the like, make sure you find complete proteins and eat lots of it.
4. Eat healthy fats that are saturated. Saturated fats do not go rancid. Butter, certain oils, lard, all these are so rich in things our body needs. Fats have gotten a bad wrap and yet they create the outer layer of our cells and are our main fuel. We need fats to sustain our processes in health. Fat is the most efficient fuel for our body. Watch out for unsaturated fats for they create damage to our body. Fat is one of the satiation triggers. In this low fat world, which I would never suggest anything low fat, we eat too much for nothing fills us. Fat fills us and stops the overeating. I use full butter, whole milk everything, real half and half, etc. If it is not real food, the body doesn't recognize it and the liver puts fat around it and sticks it on your mid section! The more real fat you have, the less you eat, the more filled you are and the healthier your cells.
5. Avoid sugar. It is such a dangerous substance that is in everything. The main issue is that it gives us quick fuel and creates havoc in our blood sugar. I think here and there, all in acceptable but overdoing sugar causes the type 2 diabetes which is a killer. Too much sugar whacks our insulin production and gives us highs and lows in energy. It creates that Hangry feeling. It also stops us from burning fat which is the best fuel for our body and keeps us in shape. If you continually use this artificial fuel, you will pack on fat. In all things moderation and with sugar, be very aware of that for it is already in everything!
6. Don't eat much in a box. Boxes, frozen entries, anything quick and easy is rarely nutritious. There are exceptions but I avoid most anything that comes in a box. Too many preservatives and your body doesn't recognize or digest them. If it doesn't know what a substance is, it will put fat around it and place it on your midline. No one wants that so I just avoid as much as possible.
7. Enjoyyyyyyy foood! It is a pleasure to eat! Savor, revel and take in the deliciousness of food. Healthy food is so delicious! When your eat, be in good spirits so you can enjoy, relax, create pleasure and oxytocin the healing hormone! Avoid negativity on any level, emotional, mental or physical when eating. Make eating 3 times a day a moment of pleasure, satiation and nourishment. Emotional eating without presence and in low emotions is the way most overeat and gain weight. Be aware and avoid eating when down. It takes in those crappy emotions and thinkings right in with your food and they too go into your cells. No need to create more. Notice emotional eating and atleast eat with joy and realize it is your call for pleasure. I think most miss the joy of eating and the satiation, pleasure and nourishment it offers us on many levels.
8. Eat moderately 90% of the time and INDULGE in whatever the other 10%! All things are to be enjoyed so do not give up anything totally. Allow yourself the joy of what is termed "bad" food. If you like it then have it here and there. When you do, soooo enjoy it fully. Don't tell yourself you are being bad or shouldn't have it! Indulge fully and taste every ounce. Then you will find great pleasure and only do it once in a while. So important not to avoid things forever unless your system can't take them. But is can usually manage anything in small amounts! So enjoy eating!!
9. Pay attention to how food makes you feel. Notice your body and its messages. We all have different bodies and digestion. So watch how food makes you feel and avoid those things that create ill feeling. We all know how good McDonalds can taste but it hurts our bellies in a hour or so. Pay attention to anything that doesn't sit well. Low nutrition bring low emotions. So you can get depressed just by what you eat! You can feel sick, tired, gasy, burpy, many not so cozy states. So pay attention and avoid what your system doesn't like. I have a gmo wheat allergy and found recently nuts are not cozy for me. So I avoid those things for they will make me feel sick.
10. There are no magic pills to anything! Eat good, real food. Watch reading into fads of certain foods and hoopla on health. Good food produces health. Moderation is key. My quick fixes are If you want to drop some pounds than cut out sugar so your body burns your fat. It works, it is simple body mechanics and fuel properly. Drink lots of water to flush out your toxins in your fat as you burn it. Move more. Do a fast 2 times a year of some sort and make all things easy. They are the simple quick fixes that work. Variety in food adds in lots of vitamins and enzymes so switch things up.
Eating, nourishing your body that houses your spirit is a practice in love. Love the body being you are and treat it well like you would your pet. Take care of your body with utmost care. Watch what you put into it like you would a baby or your dog. You are in charge of how you feel and how you feed yourself so do it well and with pride. It doesn't need much brain or take much time. We put to much thinking into nutrition. Eat good and move onto the greater thinkings in life. It is simply a process of pleasure and nourishment. Your body knows what it needs!
Do savor and enjoy this pleasure 3 times a day!! Delicious satiation of flavor!
Inspiring ways to love your life! Simple writings on how to see life in ways that bring joy, relaxation, oxytocin, health and vitality giggling through life!
|Health and Beauty Coach||
Growing Your Beauty!
Join Lyn's List
Lyn Hicks’ passion is to awaken others to their true joy through play and relaxation! Mentor, Teacher and Writer on The Feminine Way of living!
Join my mailing list and receive free inspiration!
Videos, writings, practices and tips on how to experience more relaxation, joy and beauty.
Receive the pdf for the practice:
The Number 1 Thing You Can Do To Change Your Life Experience For More Joy and Health!